To assist you in planning to participate in this exciting and fun event, the following information and recommendations will help you during the planning process:
- A maximum of 2 people per team
- Teamwork and planning is strongly advised prior to the event to determine strategy, design and use of materials.
- Carefully review the construction criteria to determine your strategy for the race.
- All participants are welcome to swim after the race has ended.
- To make the base as strong as possible you could double the cardboard. You do this by placing a sheet of cardboard over another sheet so that the corrugations on the two sheets are at right angles to each other.
- To fold a piece of cardboard across the corrugations you can score it with the handle end of a craft knife and a ruler as guide.
- BEWARE: Walking on corrugated paper weakens it!
- Avoid oil-based stains, caulk and glue because oil soaks into the cardboard, may never dry, and weakens it.
- Any participants that cannot swim the length of the pool unassisted with need to wear a lifevest.
- These will NOT be provided by BGFJCC.